As group controller you will find a very attractive and challenging job where you will be focusing on the following areas:
- Focus on various strategic projects: you will have the opportunity to investigate some potential targets (M&A). This will be definitely one of your main focus areas for the coming years. You will have in this matter a lot of exposure & responsibility. You will closely work together with the members of the Exco.
- Focus on ‘improvement of the overall business performance’: the company has a strong position in many regions but there are always opportunities for improvement. In your role it will be important to support the Regional management in realizing the necessary REBITDA and cash conversion improvements (= proactively identify improvement potential, be creative in defining solutions, and support or drive the implementation). You have to see this part of your job as follow: Controlling is not “to control” but “to be in control”. You will need to be a real business partner for the management of the several regions worldwide.
- Focus on good financial reporting (together with regional finance teams): in this matter it’s the goal to ensure efficient and business oriented monthly performance reporting.
- It should be not only clear what explains financial performance, but also why it happened and what we will do to leverage the opportunity or address the issues.
- Performance reports are more than just financial performance and should clarify:
- Progress we make on strategic projects.
- Performance on most relevant commercial, operating and sustainability KPI’s.
- Guarantee accuracy and integrity of financial statements: put appropriate yet efficient internal control mechanisms in place (account reconciliations done, internal and external audit recommendations addressed …).
- Manage relation with auditors.
- Focus on financial planning: together with your team you aim to guarantee efficiency and relevancy of planning process.
- You safeguard internal control (with regional finance teams and legal):
- Ensure compliance with applicable rules and regulations. Put (automated) process in place to ensure this structurally happens.
- Setup framework / process to ensure control over both requisition to pay and order to cash processes.
- Ensure appropriate agreements are in place and respected.
- Use data analytics to detect / prevent fraud.
- You support the development and execution of the Group’s tax strategy (with the finance team and the consultants). One of the important topics in this global context is the Transfer pricing frame: improve overall efficiency of TP process, ensure OECD compliant documentation in place, manage TP related tax disputes in the Group.
- You will be involved in the reporting towards the Group’s Audit Committee and Board meetings.
- You will report to the CFO.
- You will directly manage a team of 2.
- You will further work closely together with the CEO and other members of ExCo (Regional Managing Directors, Legal).
We are looking for a professional who has the following skills and attitude:
- Master degree with minimum 10 years related experience
- Strong technical skills: accounting, fiscal (principles), M&A (valuation, DD, …), legal restructuring
- Complex problem solving skills – implying both strong analytical skills to analyze the situation and creativity to find solutions which work
- Ability to communicate complex matters clearly and efficiently –“Less is More” / “Simplicity is the Ultimate form of Sophistication”
- Private Equity level written presentation skills
- People management in international context (Fluent English will be a must, French and Dutch are a plus)
- Passionate about business and willing to travel (+- 6 times/year outside Europe)
- Fun to work with
The Group offers you a challenging position at the headquarter where you will find back the following key elements: fascinating job with exposure, international, production, listed, growing ambitions, very flat organization (short decision lines), famous cycling brand, etc.
You will have the possibility to work closely together with well-known entrepreneurs pur sang. You will have a strong team to deal with these interesting challenges. A dynamic function with ample space for autonomy and personal development.