- Ensure that talent is recruited in view of the actual and future needs, work on retention of our talent through promoting a motivating environment that encourages employees to improve and perform at their best. Identify training needs and requirements working closely together with our Training specialist.
- Support and guide managers across the operational division to proactively manage their teams, identify potential and implement a performance culture that will deliver improved results.
- Ensure target-setting standards and rules are cascaded and communicated to managers and employees.
- Support the annual performance evaluation process, ensuring the documentation of performance achievement and ensuring communication between employees and their managers.
- Ensure that meaningful dashboards and reports are produced, adapted and maintained, providing useful information to the management team in order to make the best decisions.
- Participating in team meetings as a trusted business partner and providing confidential personnel advisory service to all colleagues.
You will establish positive relationships by being credible, trustworthy and approachable; act as a sounding board and coach for employees:
- You address employee relations issues.
- You facilitate new employee set-up and on-boarding process.
- You perform exit interviews with departing employees.
You have/You are:
- University / Master Degree or equivalent through experience.
- Proven experience as HR generalist in an operational environment including blue collar workers.
- People & Management Cycle Understanding: leverages knowledge of People Cycle (e.g. OPR, Competency appraisal, etc.), management system processes (e.g. Belts, Excellence Program, Etc.) and trends in HR to identify opportunities for improvement within own expertise.
- Good knowledge of employment/labour laws.
- Strong computer skills, especially Excel, Word and HRIS databases.
- Strong interpersonal skills, you relate well to people.
- Expert in verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with and challenge all levels within the company (fluency in French and English).
- Able to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.
- You adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and are able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Able to work independently, autonomously.
- Outcome and solution-oriented, committed to company success – you do what it takes to get the job done.
- Being part of an international, stable and innovative company with a clear mission.
- We have a no-nonsense company culture, which is founded on personal commitment and substantial autonomy.
- You will have the opportunity to influence the People strategy of the plant.
- We offer a major challenge in supporting 500 employees in the process of change.
- A challenging environment with opportunities to develop your career potential to the full.
- We offer an attractive salary package plus fringe benefits.