As Commercial Controller you will reinforce the commercial controlling team within the department Finance Europe. The commercial controlling team follows up on the European sales organizations (Benelux, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, DACH, Poland, Czech Republic/Hungary/Bulgaria, Balkan and Romania) and is both a business and sparring partner for the regional sales directors (Western-Europe and Central-Europe) and the local country sales directors.
As commercial controller you take ownership for a wide range of responsibilities of certain sales organizations:
- Prepare the monthly reporting for the sales organization (sales, margins, business development, …).
- Analyze and explain the monthly sales performance and translate this to the story behind the numbers. You participate in the monthly sales review meeting where the performance of the sales organization is discussed with the CEO Europe.
- Actively analyze sales prices and margins and take initiatives for improvement in close cooperation with the sales directors.
- Support sales in product offerings and projects.
- Critically analyze all marketing & sales costs and take actions when deviations are noticed.
- Take ownership of the sales budget and forecast process: you guide the sales directors in making up their sales budget and make sure the strategic outlook is reflected (organic growth, new customers etc.).
- Different ad hoc projects will be assigned to you based upon personal interest and skills.
You will report to the Commercial Analyst & Business Projects Manager Europe.
- You are holding a Master degree in Economics.
- You have 3-5 years of relevant experience in commercial/business controlling in an industrial environment.
- You have excellent analytical and communication skills and a flair for numbers.
- You are IT literate and an advanced excel user. Knowledge of SAP and BI is an asset.
- You are pro-active, flexible and result oriented.
- Ability to communicate effectively in Dutch, English and French (German is a plus).
- You are willing to travel on a sporadic basis.
- Being part of an international and listed company, where you work at the headquarters in a dynamic and collegial atmosphere.
- An analytical and challenging function with ample space for autonomy and personal development.
- A competitive salary and benefits package (company car, smartphone, group insurance, hospitalization insurance, meal vouchers, 12 ADV days …), in line with your experience.